Click here for the Latest Competition Update: Announcing the Winners of our #arnobernardknives Facebook Photo Competition
- Each person can submit as many photo entries as they please. The photo(s) you wish to submit must be posted on the Arno Bernard Knives Facebook Page, together with the hashtag #arnobernardknives. You need to submit any photo(s) taken which includes an Arno Bernard Knife.
- All work submitted must be an original work. We will accept photos taken by you or photos of you. If you submit a photo of you taken by someone else, you MUST have their consent to use the picture that you submit. As such, you are required to comply with all South African and international copyright laws, any and all laws regarding intellectual property and you will indemnify Arno Bernard Knives and its affiliates for any violations in connection with the image(s) submitted.
- No purchase necessary to enter the #arnobernardknives Facebook Photo Competition.
- We reserve the right to reject any photos which we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem offensive, or that violate any law or is unsuitable in any other manner. Examples of the following types of photos we will reject include the following, and Arno Bernard Knives is not required to provide any explanation for the rejection.
- Pornographic or nude images
- Images promoting illegal drug use
- Images depicting crimes of any nature
- All photos submitted that abide by the above rules will be entered into the Competition. The winners who submit the winning photos with the most votes (or “Likes”) will be contacted via Facebook message for their contact details and contacted to claim their prize. Three winners will be chosen based on the most votes (or “Likes”) on Friday, 16th February 2018, and notified via Facebook message. All decisions of the Competition will be final and binding.
- The #arnobernardknives Facebook Photo Competition begins on Wednesday, 24th January 2018, and ends on Friday, 16th February 2018. All photo entries must be submitted before Friday, 16th February 2018 at midnight.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter the Competition. Employees of Arno Bernard Knives and its affiliates are not eligible.
- In entering the competition you subject yourself to both the Competition Rules and Legal Terms and Conditions. By submitting images to the Competition, you are deemed to have reviewed, read and accepted both.
Legal Terms and Conditions
Your entry into the #arnobernardknives Facebook Photo Competition (the "Competition") is subject to the Competition Rules, the following Legal Terms and Conditions, and all other guidelines, terms and conditions stated elsewhere on this site and all applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations, including but not limited to all laws respecting intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights, rights of privacy, pornography and defamation. By entering the Competition, you accept and agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and these Legal Terms and Conditions. Arno Bernard Knives shall be the administrator of the Competition and shall sometimes be referred to as the "Administrator".
Submissions of Photographs
All work submitted must be original work. Digitally enhanced images, manipulated or composites of multiple images must be derivations of the entrant’s original photos for which the entrant is the copyright holder. We will accept photos taken by you or photos of you. As such, you are required to comply with all South African and International copyright laws, any and all laws regarding intellectual property and you will indemnify Arno Bernard Knives and its affiliates for any violations in connection with the image(s) submitted to the Competition.
Furthermore, entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Arno Bernard Knives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, directors, and employees, against any and all claims, judgments, damages, liabilities, penalties and fines of any kind, stemming from any discovery that the submitted photo violates any and all applicable laws. By submitting your images, you grant Arno Bernard Knives and its affiliates the right to use, publish or disseminate any of your images in print and/or on our website, online publications, email newsletters or in any other manner we desire. You also waive any claims of ownership or copyright protection with the photos you submit.
The Arno Bernard Knives #arnobernardknives Facebook Photo Competition begins at 12:00:00 a.m. (UCT+2) on Wednesday, 24th January 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (UCT+2) on Friday, 16th February 2018. Photos submitted before or after the Competition period will not be eligible for consideration.
The winners who submitted the photos with the most votes (or “Likes”) will receive notice of their prize within 14 days of the end date of the Competition. Arno Bernard Knives is responsible only for prize delivery it is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Winners shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Arno Bernard Knives, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, directors, and employees from and against any liabilities arising from or regarding the prizes.
Verification of Winners and Delivery of Prizes
The prizes will only be awarded to the winners of the Competition, and Arno Bernard Knives is not responsible if a prize is returned as undeliverable or if an entrant does not respond to prize notification message within 21 days after the date sent. Winners agree to the use by Arno Bernard Knives of their names, likeness, images submitted and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
In order to participate in the Competition, you must be 18 years of age or older as of Wednesday, 24th January 2018 to enter. Employees of Arno Bernard Knives and its affiliates and their immediate families and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Arno Bernard Knives reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
Arno Bernard Knives respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. We may also in our sole discretion limit access to the site and/or terminate the access of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If we remove or disable access in response to such a notice, we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content so that they may make a counter notification. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact us with the information specified below. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights.
© 2018 Arno Bernard Knives. All rights reserved.